Educational Training Specialist – Phlebotomy
George Campus-Wilmington, DE
Contact Phone Number
Contact Email Address
George Campus-Wilmington, DE
Position Specific Details
Hours are Monday through Friday, 1:30-4:30pm OR 5:00-9:00pm
This is a part-time position. The incumbent will be utilizing learning strategies and hands-on materials in Phlebotomy.
Individuals who are offered part-time employment with the College in this position may be eligible for a $1,500 market-driven hiring stipend.
Educational Training Specialist
3038 (FT), 3538 (PT)
Position Pay Grade
Salary Plan A (FT), Salary Plan C (PT)
An incumbent is responsible for conducting and/or teaching workshops, seminars and/or courses, evaluating participants, and developing and implementing curricula. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for providing individual tutoring, advisement, and/or counseling services to the Workforce Development and Community Education Division participants/students, as well as providing support for division activities.
Nature and Scope
An incumbent typically reports to an appropriate Workforce Development and Community Education supervisor/administrator. Duties include a variety of accountabilities pertaining to planning, organizing, and conducting workshops, seminars, and/or courses, and providing tutoring, advisement, and/or counseling services to Workforce Development and Community Education participants/students. In addition, an incumbent is to assist in other Workforce Development and Community Education activities, e.g., recruitment, job placement, and support services for participants/students, as assigned.
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Conducts and/or teaches workshops, seminars, and/or courses as assigned, utilizing effective communications, classroom/workshop management, leadership, training, and teaching techniques.
2. Develops new programs, workshops/seminars and/or courses and syllabi. Evaluates programs, courses, workshops/seminars and/or courses, including syllabi, teaching methods, materials, equipment, and facilities; revises existing programs, workshops/seminars and/or courses as assigned.
3. Selects, maintains, and uses materials, supplies, and equipment required for effective teaching, facilitating, and training.
4. Maintains adequate participant/student records, including intake test results, and counseling notes; evaluates and reports participants’ progress and/or attendance. Prepares and submits evaluations as required.
5. Provides objective advisement and tutoring of participant/students as necessary to assist in successful completion of the program.
6. Schedules, posts, and maintains office hours to aid in participant’s progress.
7. Works as a team with other faculty and staff to facilitate routine department operations and achieve departmental goals and objectives. Assists in attaining program accreditation.
8. Participates in departmental/campus/College meetings and serves on committees, as required.
9. Participates in professional development in-service programs.
10. Assists as requested in developing proposal/department/program budget, establishing and maintaining effective public relations, and facilitating routine department operations.
11. Assists with extra-curricular client activities as requested.
12. Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of teaching techniques and methods. Knowledge of relevant subject matter in the incumbent’s discipline/department. Knowledge of counseling skills and techniques. Knowledge of community resources and of the means to access these resources. Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing. Ability to develop rapport with students and staff. Ability to effectively communicate subject matter content and to relate to a diverse population in a multicultural environment.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Four (4) years of relevant experience.
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Applicant Instructions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
First Letter of Reference
Second Letter of Reference
Cover Letter/Letter of Application