Java is one of the most popular programming languages. If you are interested in learning this programming language, you can find a wide variety of free Java bootcamps. By learning how to code in Java, you will have access to a wide range of opportunities, as this programming language is used for everything, from software development to mobile application development.
Free Java courses are a great option for learning the foundational skills that can help you land your dream job in the tech industry. With these free online courses, you’ll acquire coding skills without having to make a huge financial commitment. In this article, we’ll provide an overview of the best free coding bootcamps and courses so you can jumpstart your career in tech.
Free Coding Bootcamps to Learn Java
|Coding Bootcamp||Free Java Program||Location||Format|
|Google Developers||Advanced Android Development||Mountain View, CA||Online, self-paced|
|Google Developers||Android Developer Fundamentals||Mountain View, CA||Online, self-paced|
|Per Scholas||Full Stack Java Developer Powered by TEKsystems||Baltimore, North Carolina, Pittsburgh||Online, full-time|
|Revature||RevaturePro Online||Reston, VA||Online, full-time|
|Simplilearn||Java Certification Training Course||San Francisco, CA||Online, self-paced|
Best Free Coding Bootcamps to Learn Java
Coding bootcamps are long-term programs that teach the core programming knowledge and skills needed for a career in tech. These programs will help you learn technical skills through real-world projects and hands-on learning. Free coding bootcamps are a great option for people who want to learn Java with hands-on programming training for real-world projects.
Furthermore, free in-person and online bootcamps provide soft skills training and career development services to ensure graduates are ready to enter the job market. Programming bootcamp programs teach basic concepts and coding fundamentals, as well as advanced technical skills, so are suitable for students of all skill levels.
Google Developers | Android Developer Fundamentals
Google Developers offers multiple free online courses for those interested in mobile app development. Its Android Developer Fundamentals program will teach you fundamental skills in Java, such as basic Android programming concepts and how to build a variety of apps using the Java programming language. Even though you must have some basic knowledge of Java to take this mobile app development course, it is a great option for beginners.
Google Developers | Advanced Android Development
Google Developers’ Advanced Android Development online program teaches you ways to expand the user experience, improve app performance, and add features, such as custom views and animations, for Android apps using the Java programming language. This self-paced learning course is great for experienced developers who are familiar with coding using Java and want to build actual applications to showcase during their job search.
Per Scholas | Full Stack Java Developer Powered by TEKsystems
Per Scholas helps people launch successful careers in tech through rigorous and tuition-free technology training and professional development. With this 14-week-long, in-person, instructor-led course, you’ll gain the skills necessary to seek out job opportunities as a full stack developer. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), web development careers are projected to grow by 13 percent in the next 10 years, with a median average salary of $77,200.
Revature | RevaturePro Online
Simplilearn | Java Certification Training Course
Simplilearn’s Java Certification Training Course is the perfect option for software developers looking to master web application development, and you can preview many of its online coding classes for free. With this program, you’ll learn everything there is to know about Java, from introductory techniques to advanced coding skills. This course will also provide you with technical knowledge of Core Java 8, operators, arrays, loops, methods, and constructors.
Best Free Java Courses
- Introduction to Java Programming | The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. This is a free, self-paced, 5-week, introductory course from edX. Its online classes will provide you with the technical knowledge of basic Java programming elements, plus a strong understanding of data abstraction using an object-oriented framework. This course is perfect for aspiring coders with a limited experience level.
- Introduction to Java | LearnQuest. This free Java course from Coursera is designed to provide you with the skill set necessary to work as an IT developer focused on using Java. After completing this hands-on course, you’ll be able to identify Java’s benefits, program in basic Java syntax using data types, and incorporate branches and loops.
- Introduction to Programming in Java | MIT OpenCourseWare. This self-paced course offers an introduction to software engineering, using the Java programming language. Even if you have no programming experience using Java, you’ll find that this course is a great starting point for learning how to code using this programming language and advance your development skills.
- Java Programming Basics | Udacity. With this free, 6-week course, you’ll gain a basic understanding of Java syntax, which is the first step towards a successful career path in Java development. You’ll learn foundational programming skills such as how to use IntelliJ, a Java Integrated Development Environment used by industry professionals.
- Learn Java Programming | Udemy. This free introductory course will teach basic programming concepts, as well as the fundamentals of the Java programming language. You’ll learn object-oriented programming (OOPS) concepts in Java and how to write a complete Java program that takes into account users’ input, processes it, and outputs the results.
Learn Java Free: Other Resources
- Codecademy. Codecademy offers a wide variety of free Java immersive courses. These courses cover the basics of the Java programming language, as well as the basics of object-oriented programming. Codecademy’s Learn Java course is a beginner-friendly course with 16 lessons that will teach you the basics of this programming language.
- CodeGym. CodeGym is a free, online platform for beginners that want to learn how to code through self-paced programs. This online Java programming course has 1,200 hands-on tasks that will help you learn Java by doing Start coding from scratch. With CodeGym’s online learning approach and hands-on programming training, you’ll be coding in Java in no time.
- Codewars. Codewars is an online learning platform that provides coding challenges called kata, which let you practice coding through repetition, and through working with others. Its Java Beginner collection will help you understand and put into practice the fundamental technical skills needed for programming using Java.
- Sololearn. SoloLearn is a free coding app available on the iOS App Store, the Google Play Store, and on desktop via a browser. It teaches programming skills through a learn-quiz-practice format in short lessons. With its interactive online Java course, you’ll learn object-oriented Java programming and will gain the ability to write clear and valid code with this programming language in no time.
- Oracle Tutorials. Oracle Guided Learning offers a wide range of free online Java tutorials, from the basics to more advanced concepts. These tutorials are a great option for people who want to practice their Java skills or for those who are looking for information about a particular concept of this programming language.
Free Java Bootcamps FAQ
The main difference between Java bootcamps and courses is the number of subjects they cover. Bootcamps are in-depth programs that cover a huge range of topics and prepare you for a specific career in the tech field. Meanwhile, courses cover only one specific subject (like Java, for example) and, because of this, are great only for upskilling or learning about one topic.
Yes, Java bootcamps are worth it if you have full stack development career aspirations. If you want to learn how to design, create, and debug Java programs, you should at least enroll in free Java bootcamps. Coding bootcamps are schools where you can learn the technical coding skills required to kickstart a career in tech. You’ll also be able to form a professional network with your classmates and make use of career services like partner programs.
Yes, Java coding bootcamps are a great option for people looking to break into tech. Java bootcamps aren’t as comprehensive as a four-year college degree, but they’re less expensive and can be completed quicker. With programming bootcamps you’ll learn the foundational technical skills required to kickstart a career in software development.